Thursday, January 23, 2014

and my upcycle project was

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

The turquoise statement pendant! Voting ended last night and we came in third place! A big thank you to those of you who voted!! Did anyone guess that this was our project??

Ill be sharing the tutorial through East Coast Creative on Saturday (the top three share over there every week) I wont be able to post here until the contest is over, due to sponsor arrangements.

So today I thought I would share about the DIY art for the gallery wall! This was one of the first things that I pinned on Pinterest. I fell love with the simplicity! And I finally got around to doing it last week!


I picked up a large framed canvas from Goodwill for $7, spray painted it white.


Picked up some vinyl letters for about $3 (next to to the poster board in wal-mart). Painted my primed canvas, with SW overjoy, SW ardent coral, and BM bali.


Rough cut the letters out and loosely placed them. Measured and held a ruler in place so that the letters were semi straight. Removed the sticky backing and placed. Super easy!

I then sprayed with white spray paint. Since the vinyl isnt super sticky, I sprayed light coats from directly above to avoid it going under the letters.

Once dry, I removed the letters, and thats it! It was so easy!

Total cost, about $10! ($7 frame, $3 letters)
Total time about 2-3 hrs (including drying time)


Ill be busy today working on next weeks project, theme ... Knockoff! Wish me luck!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment