Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ive Always Wanted To Make A Chair at least since summer

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
On Monday +Lee Valley Tools released their latest video from Woodworking in America. This one it titled, Whats The One Thing Youve Always Wanted To Make? While I was initially disappointed I didnt make the video (Im in the two previous WIA videos), I realized it likely had to do with my project.

Making a chair seemed to be listed by about half those interviewed. Frankly, everyone else had a better description or explanation than I did.

It remains though - I do want to make a chair. Since reading Jeff Millers Chairmaking and Design over the summer Ive had building a chair stuck in my head.

In an attempt to nurture that chair Ive attended wonderful chair classes with Ejler Hjorth-Westh at WIA and even traveled to Atlanta to attend a class on chairmaking with Jeff himself.

Now all I need to do is decide on a design and get to work. While the chair supposed to be a 2013 project, I am closer and more ready than Ive ever been. By the end of 2014 I should be able to write these posts form the comfort of my own chair.


Dont forget about the +Modern Woodworkers Association Podcast. We talk woodworking with Guests from around the world of woodworking every other week. Subscribe to the RSS feed or iTunes today.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment