Thursday, February 13, 2014

Project Updates Knock It Off Premiere

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi! I hope that you had a great 4th of July! We relaxed, worked on projects, went to the farmers market and dinner with friends, and watched fireworks (of course :)

I havent given you a project update in a while, so today I thought I would share what were up to ...

The other week I shared these rattan chairs and table on Instagram. While at Goodwill, I didnt realize how disgusting they really were ... I tore off the nasty foam and fabric, wiped down the dirt covered rattan (took a shower) and then cut off the xs in the front with the jigsaw. We decided with the shape of the chair (mainly the lack of arms to break up the space) it looked a little bottom heavy. I filled in all of the holes with wood filler, sanded and primed with Zinsser Cover Stain (aka my new favorite primer, it sticks well, covers evenly, and wont easily flake off)

Just about ready for paint!

I also recently picked up these mid-century modern chairs for $20 each. The wood was in good shape, so I decided to stain rather than paint. The stain must be partially opaque because some of the wood grain came through and some was hidden (see photo below). 

Love the contrast in the wood! So glad that I decided to stain it. Im thinking a light, slightly gray stain (let me know if you have a recommendation!)

Finally today we are working on a project with this bamboo ... these were on clearance (and for good reason ...) for $3.00 (smaller .50). Hopefully Ill have finished pics this Monday! Dont worry ... paint is definitely involved!



PS- If youre around this weekend, youve gotta check out Knock It Off! Monica and Jess from East Coast Creative Blog are the designers and hosts of this new DIY/Home Design show and it premieres this Sunday at 7pm!  Check out all the details here!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment